Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Merci Annecy!



This year's Annecy Animation Film Festival was again, like last year, great fun! I saw some great animation, and some a bit less great. Attended some great lectures, highlights for me were 'the Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 WIP' talk by Kris Pearn and Cody Cameron. Thanks again to Stephan and Kris for inviting me along. I didn't get a ticket upfront, but they were so kind to take me into the Salle Pierre Lamy to see the presentation. Second highlight for me was the presentation from Stephan Franck about 'The Legend of Smurphy Hollow', which in essence was a crash course lecture on film making and storytelling. Interesting and unexpected. Third highlight was the 'TV series and special project pitches' session I attended. Very inspiring and motivating to see young ambitious creators pitch their projects in front of a pretty crowded room full of interested people. I'll be coming back next year for sure, looking forward already!

Besides all the great stuff I got to see, it was great to meet so many great people with a similar love for animation at Annecy. It was great to meet you all: Stephan, Kris, Cody, Jana, Sam, Michelle, Joost, Erik, Erik, Jiek, Josie, Floor & Dennis, Florian, Eren, Katharina, Alexander, Henk, Anttu, Lana, Alvaro & Carlos, Christelle, Yoshiya, Shamik, Joanna, Michelle, Uri, Vinni, Dawn, Raymond, Kwame, Aimee, Daan, Pim, Ralf & Bart. (sorry if I forgot anyone)

Annecy a l’année prochaine!

Fromage!

No comments:

Post a Comment