Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cats 'n' girls (2)

In the drawing of the girl with the cat there are a few things that are not clear to me.


* Why is she holding the cat up?
* Is it a cat she is holding up?, or is it a dog?
* Where is she, what is the location? Inside or outside?
* What time of day is it?
* What is her emotion? Is she afraid of the animal, or is she happy?
* What is the emotion of the animal?

The answers to these questions will probably be very different when I ask different people to answer them. So to improve my story I will have to fix these questions in my drawing first.

So here is my attempt at solving some of the story issues of the girl and the cat. In other words pushing my STORY to the next level.


Now comes the hard part of deciding which sketch tells the story the best.
So far these two are my favourite. I think they tell the story the best for now.


Let's see if I can even push these ones to the next level.

I believe that in every drawing/skribble/doodle you make is a great story, you just need to find it and then try your best to push it to the next level.

So something to keep in mind is that the first and most important thing to test your drawing for is STORY.
It is not about how good you can draw or paint, well it helps, but how good you are at telling a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment