Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Here's the first six pages of reversed storyboard I made of the Lost Ark.
Loving the excercise for now!
Great to train your quick drawing skills; gives me an insight in storyboarding, how much time does it take me to do these thumbnails, what language works for me, words?, arrows?, do I prefer pencil or pens to draw these?, colors/no colors?, great to experiment with; and it's really interesting to look and analyze at how the story is being told visually.
I also try to thumbnail the contrast and somewhat of the lighting used in the frames. I think I can improve in choosing my key poses/gestures in the frames, and I should watch closer to the emotional expressions of the characters. Important information that give much information about the scene.
But remember, we're not to produce pretty pictures here, but we want to see how to story is told visually!






No comments:

Post a Comment